If you haven’t met the Algebra requirements for application but don’t want to enroll in a semester long class, then ALEKS® may be for you!
WHAT IS ALEKS®?
ALEKS® is a web-based, artificially intelligent assessment and learning system. ALEKS® uses adaptive questioning to quickly and accurately determine exactly what a student knows and doesn’t know in a course. ALEKS® instructs students on the topics they most ready to learn based on this initial assessment. As a student works through a course, ALEKS® periodically reassesses the student to ensure that topics learned are also retained. ALEKS® courses are very complete in their topic coverage and ALEKS® avoids multiple choice questions. A student who shows a high level of mastery of an ALEKS® course will be successful in the actual course being taken.
ALEKS® also provides the advantages of one-on-one instruction, 24/7, from virtually any web-based computer for a fraction of the cost of a human tutor.
Successful completion of the ALEKS® Algebra course with the final assessment taken at the training center will meet the Algebra requirement for application. ALEKS® is also helpful great for those who need to refresh their math skills.
SIGN UP & PURCHASE ALEKS® THROUGH US!
- Stop by the San Diego Electrical Training Center during business hours to purchase the Class Code. Cost is $60. The final assessment is included in the $60 you initially pay for.
- Go to www.aleks.com to register using the Class Code provided at time of purchase.
The first part of the class is the initial assessment. There are about 30-35 questions. If you can’t answer the question, you can bypass the question by clicking on “I don’t know.” At the end of the initial assessment, a pie chart will come up and show how you did. The course will start from there.
The class is good for 11 weeks and is self-paced. If you are taking the course to fulfill application requirements, you will need to take a final assessment at our training center upon completion of our course. To do, you will need to do the following:
- Print the final pie chart of the course to show that you have completed all sections of the course.
- Call us and schedule an appointment for the final assessment (we need 2 days advance notice).
- Final assessment will be taken here at the Training center between 8AM-4PM. Be sure there is ample time to complete assessment.
- Final assessment must be taken upon completion of the course or before the end of the 11-week course, whichever comes first.
The final assessment is included in the $56 you initially paid for. If you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com -or- call us at (858) 569-6633 (San Diego) or at (760) 355-3000 (Imperial County).
Please visit ALEKS® website at www.aleks.com for more information.