Mail in or drop off required documents.
**All information on this page MUST be reviewed before submitting an application**
- Demonstrate fluency in the English language.
- Be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Complete an application form, accurately responding to all questions and items including statements indicating that you are:
- Physically and mentally able to safely perform or learn to safely perform essential functions of the job.
- Able to get to and from work at job sites anywhere within the geographical area that this apprenticeship program covers.
- Able and willing to attend all related classroom training as required to complete their apprenticeship.
- Able to climb and work from ladders, poles and towers of various heights.
- Able to crawl and work in confined spaces such as attics, manholes and crawlspaces.
- Able to read, hear and understand instructions and warnings in English.
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 17 at the time of application (must provide evidence of minimum age respecting any applicable State laws or regulations). Applicant must be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of selection.
- Be at least a high school graduate, or have a GED, or, in lieu of a high school diploma or GED, have a two-year Associate Degree or higher.
- Show evidence of successful completion of: one full credit of high school algebra with a passing grade, or one post high school algebra course (e.g. Adult Education, Continuing Education, Community College, etc.) with a passing grade or provide evidence of having successfully completed the NJATC Tech Math Course (http://www.njatc.utk.edu/) or ALEKS, an internet-based, SDETT-approved course with the final assessment taken at one of our training locations.
- Provide an official transcript(s) for high school and post high school education and training. All GED records must be submitted if applicable. (Note: schools shall be requested to obliterate reference to date of birth, years of attendance, graduation date, age, race and sex, if required by State law or regulation.)
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a valid social security card.
- Submit a DD-214 to verify military training if they are a veteran.
If you meet the above requirements – Start Here ~ Mail or drop-off the following required documentation to one of the ETI addresses listed below. All required documents listed below must be submitted together:
- Applicant Contact form
- Valid Driver's License
- Social Security Card
- Official High School transcripts and if equivalent received (GED or H.S.P.E. or CHSPE)
- Your official transcripts must show successful completion of a year of High School Algebra with a passing grade, or one post high school Algebra course (e.g. Adult Education, Continuing Education, Community College, etc.) with a passing grade or provide evidence of having successfully completed the NJATC Tech Math Course (http://www.njatc.utk.edu/) or ALEKS, an internet-based, ETI-approved course with the final assessment taken at one of our training locations. Applicants must submit an officially-sealed transcript for high school and post high school education and training. All GED records must be submitted if applicable. All documentation and transcripts must be available at the time of application.
- Important: If your High School diploma or transcripts are in any language other than English, you must have them translated into English by a certified translator before submission to us.
- Military Applicants with Honorable Discharge must bring in their DD-214, Member 4 form. Individuals who have been honorably discharged within the last five years, applying under this provision, will go directly to Interview.
Electrical Training Institute (San Diego)
4675 Viewridge Avenue
San Diego CA 92123
Electrical Training Institute (Imperial)
2420 Imperial Business Park Drive
Imperial, CA 92251
Complete your application and submit: Once you have submitted the above required documents at ETI, you will receive a PIN by email which will enable you to fill out your application (you will only be able to apply with the PIN). Once you receive your application PIN, you will have 24 hours to complete the online application form. If, for any reason your application is not completed within 30 days of submission of your documents, the documents and application will be void and shredded.
Then what: Qualified applicants will be notified by mail of the date, time and place to report to for an aptitude examination. The test battery covers reading comprehension and math. The aptitude test is a pass/fail test proctored at the ETI facility, by a third party. If a qualified applicant passes the aptitude test, they will be notified (by mail) and scheduled for the upcoming interviews. If you are scheduled and requested to appear for the interviews and you fail to attend, your application will be placed in the inactive pool where it will remain until you reactivate it or after three (3) years it will be destroyed. If you are notified that you have failed the aptitude test and you wish to continue your effort towards eligibility for the apprenticeship, please contact the ETI office for further direction.
After the interview: You will receive your interview score by mail. The interview score will be in the range of 50-100 and will determine your place in the Pool of Eligible applicants (POE). Your interview score will be active for two years before it will be removed from the POE list. An applicant currently in the POE list will be eligible for re-interview after 12 months from their last interview date and once all re-interview requirements have been met (If you are in the POE list, you can request a copy of the re-interview requirements from the ETI office staff). An applicant currently in the POE list, who will be eligible for re-interview after 12 months, may submit re-interview documentation after 10 months from their last interview date.
Invitation to Orientation: If you are invited to orientation, do not quit your job. Orientation is not the offer of apprenticeship but many of those who attend will be offered the apprenticeship. Applicants offered the apprenticeship and selected for employment must be at least 18 years old and will be subject to a drug screening prior to acceptance. Applicants testing positive for any controlled substance on this pre-employment drug screen will not be accepted for training.
What does this work involve and what are the rules of the apprenticeship?
Return here once you have received your application PIN. Once you have acknowledged below, a proceed to login button will appear.
We accept applications every Wednesday.